Order from Amazon

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Today's Great CVS Shopping Trip!

February 9, 2010



I realize that I have already had a couple of entries today, but after my "small" shopping trip to CVS today, I felt like that I needed to share my savings. I like to do that so that I can encourage you all that you can do the same thing.

As soon as I entered the store, I scanned my card at the red machine. What printed out were:
*$5.00 in ECB's (I earned these ECB's from the Beauty Club that I mentioned in yesterday's entry.)
*$1.00 CVS coupon to use on body wash. (I'm saving this to pair up with a manufacturer's coupon. You can stack one store coupon with a manufacturer's coupon.
* $3.00 off $10.00 CVS coupon to use on makeup. (I'll save this to pair up with a manufacturer's makeup coupon(s). (If I can get a good deal on something that Taylor or I will use.) There are always manufacturers coupons for makeup! I know that I have a $3.00 manufacturer's coupon on Neutrogena.
*$2.00 CVS coupon to use on 2 bags of Hall's Cough Drops (I'll pair this up with a manufacturer's coupon, because I know that I have a Hall's coupon.)Then I'll give the cough drops to my dad. He uses them often.

Here are my shopping scenarios:

Scenario 1:
-I purchased two boxes of Quaker granola bars. The sale price was 2/$5.00.
-I paid for the granola bars with the $5.00 ecb's, which equals FREE!!!!
-I got back $2.00 ecbs on the purchase of the granola bars. (That was the posted deal). Wow I've just earned $2.00 in ECB's on the purchase of the granola bars and I didn't even use real money on this purchase!
-I paid zero dollars at the register.
-During this same transaction I also received a $1.00 ecb that I earned because of my green tag uses.
-Now I have a total of $3.00 in ecb's to use on another purchase.

Scenario 2:
-I purchase a gallon of milk (Which was $2.69. I always buy milk at CVS....$2.69 is the cheapest price around here on milk.)
-I purchase a pkg. of toilet paper that is on sale.
-I pay with the $3.00 ECB's that I just received in the first transaction, plus I pay around $5.00 cash.

I end up leaving the store with two boxes of FREE Quaker Granola Bars, a FREE gallon of milk, and around .31 cents of the ecb's went on the toilet paper that was on sale!

That is how you shop CVS!!!

I would love to hear about any of your deals that you snatch at CVS or anywhere. Don't get discouraged starting out...it has taken me a while to learn how to do this!

Be sure to read yesterday's blog about CVS Part 1, so that you will have a little more preparation on shopping CVS.

Thanks for visiting me! Hope the info was helpful!
Iva Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment