Order from Amazon

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Couponer's Dream, southernsavers.com

Feb. 7, 2011


Good Morning!

When couponing, it is sometimes hard to know what store to visit to find a good deal with your coupons. I learn a lot about couponing from reading other blogs. I want to share with you a blog that I visit daily that will be a great help to you in learning to coupon.

If you visit www.southernsavers.com, there is a ton of info there about couponing. You click on the name of the store that you want to visit. Then click on the sales ad for the current week. There you will find sales items listed with the coupon needed. It will tell you where to find the coupon (which is why you need to save your flyers each week). If it is a printble coupon that is needed (which is where I find some good ones sometimes) usually you just click the link there beside the product's name to get the printable coupon. The store names that I click on are local to my area such as CVS, and then under the tab of "other", I find the store names Food City and Walmart, which are also in my local area. But, there are many other stores the site refers to, including Rite Aid, Kroger and more. Be sure to visit this website, because it is one of the best in helping you learn to coupon, by matching up coupons to store sales. The best way to save is to use the coupon when the item is on sale. That is how you score big savings.

Before I go, I'll share some more recent savings with you.

*I used a coupon for $1.00 off two of a men's deoderant brand, which was already on sale.
*Then I used a coupon to get a free body wash when purchasing the deoderant.
*Added to that deal, I used a BOGO (buy one get one free) of the men's body spray product.

The coupons for the above products were grouped together in the coupon insert. I cut them all out and used them at CVS and ended up with a free body spray, a free body wash, and $1.00 off the deoderant that was already on sale.


Be sure to visit www.southernsavers.com. That is probably the one website that I have visited that has helped me the most in learning to coupon.

My next blog entry will be about how to save at CVS. Be sure to come back and visit my blog. If you have a friend, whom you would think would be interested in reading my blog, there should be a button at the bottom where you can email a link.

Thanks again for visiting and remember to come back to learn about CVS couponing. And remember to take baby steps with couponing. It takes time to learn to be a productive couponer, and I am still continually learning.

Iva Jean

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read the one about saving at CVS. I still get confused on how to use the extra care bucks, but I'm learning. My 85 year old grandma (Flornia Nelson) even takes advantage of the ECB's and the pop deals. She could teach me a thing or two! lol

    ReplyDelete